Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekend Update


This week was Rhinebeck's sidewalk sale. Friday it poured all day, so that was a wash out. Saturday and Sunday were lovely, but since I am off the main street, we had very few people wander over.

In conjunction with Rhinebeck Historical weekend,  I  ran a seminar on printmaking methods of the 19th century and you could make your own greeting cards using my antique paper. One excited person showed. My mistake was to make it from 5:30-7:30, a time when most people were eating. DUH. Of course, us artists don't eat, we live on air, and don't think about simple things when running workshops...like interfering with people's dinners. I laughed when I realized it later.

But I keep in the forefront of my mind that it's only been 4.5 months that I have been here, most of them terrible winter months. I just have to show up when I am not working my other jobs, and do the work. Eventually the money will follow.  And since we artists live on air, money isn't the objective of making art.
Kidding aside, I have learned to give up a lot of things, and I have wonderful friends who bring me food or make me dinner, and life is beautiful.

Sunday I set up my small easel and worked on a few paintings outside.  It was lovely to be sitting in the sun on a cool spring day in a beautiful little town.  Nearly done with my small landscape of the notch facing Hunter Mountain, and took a paintbrush to another painting which I was not fond of, and decided to do some markmaking/pattening on it. Not finished, but it was a lot of fun working on something that I no longer had interest in by giving it a make-over.

The peyote stitch bracelet with Susan Spivak is running this Wed, the 21st, from 3-5.  Contact me to reserve a seat. Painting class full on Thursday Evenings, but am looking to open a Saturday session. Since I have been working non-stop, I am taking this weekend off from the studio. Though we live on air, artists need the fuel of inspiration, and I hope that I have some adventures this weekend to revitalize and fill the creativity think tank.




No comments:

Post a Comment