Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Featured Artist!

Wow. It's been two weeks since I posted last. Maybe three. That is a tribute to how hard I am working. I   get sucked into doing things on the computer-web work, marketing, Facebook, emails...I never realized how much  work it takes to run my little studio, and until I am known and the word travels.....I will be doing a heck of a lot of self-promoting.. 

Today I am the featured artist this week on the blog that was written by Rebecca for Manny's Art Supply Store in New Paltz How did I get this honor? By seeing a call for artists for Manny's blog. I sent my online links and portfolios, filled out a questionnaire, and voila! I am only able to do a fraction of what I see - someday I will have an assistant and let him or her do all this work so I can paint!

A quick work about Manny's. Its been there in New Paltz as long as I have been making art, which has been a long time. It has the BEST art paper selection around ! They have large sheets and also have some smaller pieces cut so that I can go home with a large selection of patterns, colors, and textures. Thanks Manny's for featuring me!!!

Today's photo is of a Jack-in-the-Pulpit. I went to Wilderstein to dash off a few quick watercolors. Then I realized that I forgot my brushes.  Not to be thwarted, I went for a walk in the woods, checking out the various baby plants and wild edibles growing along the side of the trail. Mustard Garlic, nettle, trout lilies. No ramps or morels however.  I was chased out by May flies or gnats....but not without getting a walk in the woods down by the river. Life is good.





No comments:

Post a Comment