Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring is in the Studio




I am like a kid in a candy shop when it comes to bringing new things into the studio. I have to be very selective and creative with my display as it is a small space, and I never want it to look overly crowded. It serves as both my display space, and my working and teaching space, so it is a delicate balance.

To celebrate spring and Easter, one of my fave artisans, Stephanie Stillwell - from Stillwillows, is being featured in my shop - adorable pin cushions made out of up-cycled materials and vintage objects, rabbits, carrots, and strawberries made from tea dyed fabrics, quirky folk art Dame dolls, funny stuffed chickens, and narrative wall hangings. Her work fits so nicely in the gallery, and I LOVE having it there!  In addition I have amazing handmade Easter/spring/flora/horse/cat cards,  a new selection of collaged journals, some lovely late 1800's fruit botanical prints, and the famous "Art for the 99%" bin.

Stop by Saturday evening the 19th of April, at 18 Garden Street, from 6-8, for a nip of chocolate and a tasty libation, and see what's been happening at the studio!


No comments:

Post a Comment